Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Prawn (i use quarter of a kg)
- Diced garlic
- Diced/sliced chillies with 0r pepper
- Evaporated milk
- Curry leaves
- Deep fry the prawn in batches. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and fry garlic, chillies and curry leaves. More you put curry leaves the more aromatic it will be. I like to put a lot.
- Pour in evaporated milk as much as you like.
- Season with sugar and salt. Put pepper at this stage if you want.
- Stir the prawn in the mixture until well coated. Ready to be serve.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Do you know the first person who invented this cookie was Ruth Wakefield, who was the owner of the Toll House Inn in Massachusetts in 1930. She added small chunks of a Nestle's Semisweet Yellow Label Chocolate bar to her butter cookie dough and it became an instant hit. Due to this, in 1939, Nestle create and sell their chocolate morsels or chips.
Basic ingredient in the dough are flour, sugar (white and/or brown), butter or margarine, baking powder and/or baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips. However, chocolate chip cookie taste and texture do vary by recipe. Depending whether you like it crispy or soft and chewy. More brown sugar give caramel flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- 170g unsalted butter, room temperature. I use salted butter, the only one in the fridge.
- 130g granulated white sugar. Use less sugar is better as chocolate chips are already sweet.
- 140g brown sugar.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 260g all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda. I use baking powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1/4 salt. I dont add as my butter is salty.
- 210g chocolate chips. Can also use chocolate chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl or in a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls. Place and flatten each balls on a baking sheet. Make sure each ball is well space.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes or until they are light golden brown in color and just set.