Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- Prawn (i use quarter of a kg)
- Diced garlic
- Diced/sliced chillies with 0r pepper
- Evaporated milk
- Curry leaves
- Deep fry the prawn in batches. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and fry garlic, chillies and curry leaves. More you put curry leaves the more aromatic it will be. I like to put a lot.
- Pour in evaporated milk as much as you like.
- Season with sugar and salt. Put pepper at this stage if you want.
- Stir the prawn in the mixture until well coated. Ready to be serve.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Do you know the first person who invented this cookie was Ruth Wakefield, who was the owner of the Toll House Inn in Massachusetts in 1930. She added small chunks of a Nestle's Semisweet Yellow Label Chocolate bar to her butter cookie dough and it became an instant hit. Due to this, in 1939, Nestle create and sell their chocolate morsels or chips.
Basic ingredient in the dough are flour, sugar (white and/or brown), butter or margarine, baking powder and/or baking soda, eggs, vanilla, and chocolate chips. However, chocolate chip cookie taste and texture do vary by recipe. Depending whether you like it crispy or soft and chewy. More brown sugar give caramel flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- 170g unsalted butter, room temperature. I use salted butter, the only one in the fridge.
- 130g granulated white sugar. Use less sugar is better as chocolate chips are already sweet.
- 140g brown sugar.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 260g all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda. I use baking powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 1/4 salt. I dont add as my butter is salty.
- 210g chocolate chips. Can also use chocolate chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl or in a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into balls. Place and flatten each balls on a baking sheet. Make sure each ball is well space.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-17 minutes or until they are light golden brown in color and just set.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Furthermore, long term taking prednisolone (one of sle medication) will thinning the stomach wall and i'm a gastric sufferer too before i have sle. Meaning my stomach become more sensitive. Durian maybe magnify the impact.
- Pumpkin cut into medium/small size
- Big onion (in my case i ran out of onion so i use shallot)
- Vegetable soup granule (better use chicken or prawn stock )
- Cream to get rich creamy taste (optional)
- Fry the onion with a spoon of oil. I use olive oil.
- Then fry the pumpkin for a while and put in enough water to cover the pumpkin. Cook the pumpkin till soft and let it cool down before putting into a blender. If you have hand blender is much easier as you do not need to transfer anything.
- Whisk the cream first from the can to make it lighter and put some into the soup just before you eat. It is a healthy supper or snack and if you are more consent on the fat in the cream, avoid it.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
- Tauhu dilenyek
- bawang merah dan daun sup dihiris kecil
- Lobak merah diparut
- Telur dipukul
- Garam / ajinomoto
Kemudian buat bulat-bulat macam buat bergedil. Bila habis, celup dalam telur dan goreng dalam minyak panas. Simple tu je.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Teringin nak makan mee dan hari tu baru beli hotdog. Mee tu jenama Lee Fah Mee direbus kemudian digoreng bersama bawang putih, lobak merah, parsley kering, kicap dan cili. Dirumah waktu tu cuma ada lobak merah kalau ada mix vege lagi bagus. Parsley tu letak sajeje tapi kalau ada daun bawang lebih sesuai.
Hari lain yang takde menu tu maknanya aku tak masak hehe. Nampaknye aku makan kat luar. Dua hari je masak.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Beef Noodle with Roasted Tomato
- Dry noodle (cooked and drain)
- Garlic (chopped)
- Chillies (chopped)
- Soya sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked Beef cube
- Tomato and bombay onion (roasted in the oven)
- Boiled egg
- Fry the garlic with some oil. Save the garlic oil. If you have ready made garlic oil no need to fry the garlic.
- Mix garlic oil with the noodle. Just put a little oil at first. Then sesame oil, soya sauce, salt and pepper.
- Taste and lastly, put beef, egg, tomato, onion and chillies.
Monday, June 22, 2009
- Chicken breast (strip cut)
- Dried chilly (soak in hot water)
- Cashew nut (fried)
- Garlic (chop)
- Corn flour (mix with water)
- cider vinegar
- Oyster sauce
- soya sauce
- sesame oil
- Oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken breast with mix corn flour and pepper. Mean while, fry the chilly and then set aside the chilly.
- Use the chilly oil and a bit sesame oil to fry garlic, onion then the chicken.
- When the chicken nearly cook, put oyster sauce, soya sauce and vinegar. Then mix together with cashew nut and dried chilly.
- Walla finish! Serve.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Pada suatu hari anak kerang mengadu kepada ibunya akan kesakitan yang dialami bila tubuhya yang lembut itu dimasuki oleh sebutir pasir. Apa yang mampu dilakukan oleh ibunya untuk menolong selain dari sama-sama mengalirkan airmata melihat penderitaan anaknya.
"Anakku..Tuhan tidak menganugerahkan kepada ibu tangan yang mampu menolongmu membuang pasir itu. Ibu tahu pasir itu amat menyakitkan sekali tapi terima dan redhalah ia sebagai takdir alam. Kuatkan hatimu. Hadkan pergerakanmu. Pertingkatkan semangatmu melawan rasa ngilu dan sakit yang menggigit itu. Balutilah pasir itu dengan tubuhmu yang lembut itu. Hanya itu yang mampu kau lakukan" kata ibu kerang dengan perasaan sayu.
Anak kerang menuruti nasihat ibunya namun rasa sakit itu tetap dirasakannya. Dengan linangan airmata ia bertahan dari hari ke hari...bertahun lamanya. Tanpa disedari pasir tadi bertukar menjadi sebutir mutiara. Rasa sakit yang ditanggungnya sejak sekian lama dirasakan telah terbayar. Penderitaannya bertukar menjadi mutiara yang berharga.
Cerita di atas menggambarkan bahawa penderitaan adalah satu transaksi untuk mengubah "kerang biasa" menjadi "kerang yang berharga". Keperitan dan penderitaan dapat mengubah kita sebagai "orang biasa" menjadi "orang yang luar biasa". Itulah yang dialami oleh beberapa orang yang terkenal seperti Mahatma Ghandhi, Abraham Lincoln, Nelson Mandela dan lain-lain lagi.
Penderitaan yang dihadapi dengan kesabaran dan ketekunan yang luar biasa akan mengubah kita menjadi seorang yang luar biasa tabahnya. Proses terbentuknya mutiara yang berharga iaitu ketabahan mengajar kita supaya bertekun dalam berdoa dan mendidik kita supaya yakin kepada Allah dalam menghadapi penderitaan dan masalah-masalah kehidupan. Apabila kita tekun berdoa dan redha, maka Allah akan mengubah penderitaan dan masalah kita menjadi mutiara-mutiara yang indah. Hikmah yang didatangkan-Nya bersama airmata penderitaan akan lebih diingati dan dihargai.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
we have own ways to save or budget their money suitable with our own lifestyle. The first important thing to do in order to save money is to track down where the money goes. Here are some of my ways to save some money:
- Track money spending. Some people keep the receipt for every purchase. Which is a good thing but how about purchase with no receipt like pasar malam. I keep some of my receipt if it is a long list of purchase. I stack a few paper and clip them together to make a money spending note for a month. Every night before going to sleep i write down my spending on that day. For example:
- Burger = Rm2.70
- Ice Milo= Rm1.80
- Ice cream = Rm2.30
- Cut where possible. After a month we will see what we had spend on. Then we can see the spending pattern. Cut where we can. For example minimize eating outside. Squeeze slowly the budget. I mean if eating outside for a month cost rm150 why don't make it rm100 for next month and so on. We don't want to be drastic and we are in process to change our attitude.
- Bring your own food to the office. This is a good way to save money. Many of us are too lazy to cook for lunch in the morning. Me too. But when my husband said i want to bring lunch from home and don't want to buy food. Well i have to. What i do is i cook bigger potion for dinner so i can save some for lunch tomorrow. I'm too lazy to cook in the early morning unless i'm on a high dose of prednisolone. I keep my cooked food in a microwavable container and put in the fridge. Next day i just heat in microwave. Lucky if anyone has a microwave in the office which i don't.
- Minimize eating outside. Eating outside like McD, Kfc, Pizza Hut is expensive. Each eating for two would cost minimum Rm20. If can, come when the price is low for example McD lunch meal is now RM6 and pizza hut has a variety of meal where the price is cheaper. When you are sick then eating outside is a good solution if no one willing to cook for you or if you live alone. Set aside easy and fast cooking food like food in a can when you really need it like busy to cook or sick.
- Use coupon or discount card. For example, i occasionally use my sister's discount card for Hi-Tea, lunch or dinner or staying overnight at selected hotel. Hi-Tea at Riverside Majestic hotel cost Rm70 for two person but with that card it cost only RM40. Sometimes hotlink offer discount through sms.
- Car Pooling does save petrol. It reduce cost in gas and maintenence than driving solo. Especially if you live in KL. If your friend work at the same place as you and live nearby make a suggestion to do car pooling. Have to be fair. Perhaps half month for each one of you.
- Use one credit card instead of many. Credit card is like you having a loan. One credit means one loan if we have many mean we are trying to have more debt. Pay at least minimum amount every month which is 5% from the outstanding balance. If can pay within 20 days to avoid interest which is 1.5% permonth. Avoid 5% late payment from the minimum amount to be paid. Try to pay ontime otherwise the bank will call for payment. Especially RHB. It is better to get a lower interest credit card if you can find one. If you have more credit card and eager to pay all the debt, try to get personal loan but make sure the interest every month is lower than the credit card interest. However, some bank do offer interest free for certain time of period. So check any offer or newsletter from the bank.
- Switch off after use main switch. This habit in my family is a must change. We dont always switch off the switch. For example tv, washing machine and microwave. Apparently my sister who live separately advice me to do so. The current still running even though we turn off the tv but not the main switch.
- Install motion sensors on lights in your home. The light will only turn on when movement is detected and turn off automatically. These work particularly well for outdoor lamps, which can also boost security. So your light not always turn on which save energy and money.
I do follow all of the above but to tell the truth sometimes i tend to skip 'The tracking money' part and neglect to switch off the main switch. This happens when i received my salary at the beginning of the month. Well it take a discipline and determination. Early Last year i went to see AKPK to know more about money management and the person incharge told me that my money problem is small compare to others who owe ten to hundred thousands. He advice me to work in the government lane for higher salary. Ermm.....probably. Meaning i need to have a side income. I'm thinking of internet business. If it is a success i'll post on how i do it.
There are books selling out there about money management. For example you can see this book by KC Lau which attract me. I havent buy the book yet but i will.
Here are some clips and suggestion that could helps:
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
First, especially in the morning, joint pain, aching and fatigue are common with people who suffer from this disease. So i tend to be absence like i take sick leave or a leave from the office. Frequently. In one week i work only 2-3 days. It run for about 6 months. Hehehe. But sadly it cut my salary. Anyway, i don't have any urgent job to submit. Quite bored sometimes. By mouth i told my boss that i'm sick and have to be on steroid. At that time he given me an expression like 'are you really that sick coz you look fine'. He might think that the disease is nothing serious and only take for a while. I told him to look up in the internet further detail about the disease. At first out of all people i knew only 2 persons know about the disease. Well, me too dont know much at first. From the forum about sle and doctor organized by HUS Sarawak there were many brochures and i took a few for different languages. My sister gave one to our boss and some other staff. My sister work at the same office. Lesson 1:make an awareness for people around you so that people will understand.
Before the forum, my sister urge me to be on high spirit to fight the feeling of sickness. Ermm......i don't listen. Sometimes i wonder how strong my counsin is when she was on chemo for breast cancer and still go to the office. Of course she couldn't concentrate on her work during the healing period. Because of the frequent leaves, in January, my sister bla bla bla wanted me to come to the office and she would drive the car. Unfortunately on that day i was disable. My husband helped to shower me. My sister had to hold me up to walk up / down the stairs. Terrible. Lastly, i decided to take sick leave. Lesson 2: Listen to your body not other people or what other people think.
Again many sick leave. So my boss told my sister he wants a letter from the doctor saying that i'm always sick. At that time i have a copy of transferring letter from private hospital to government hospital. I wrote a letter to my boss negotiate about working hour. Normally, we start at 8 am - 5pm. So i request my working hour to be 8.30 am - 5.30am or other. Anyway, i'm the one who close the office. After one week, during lunch hour, he willing to talk. But at that time i was stable due to higher dose of medication given by doctor. Less fatigue and less joint pain. So i told him i'm now ok coz of that dose. So both of us forget about that matter. I can still continue about that matter but i decide not to. Lesson 3: write a letter to the employer and try to negotiate. If still can't think of other flexible job.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Tiada yang lebih berkuasa selain darimu,
Ya Allah, aku takut akan seksaanmu,
Aku takut akan kemurkaanmu,
Aku malu akan segala dosa aku lakukan.
Kasihanilah aku ya Allah tuhan semesta alam,
Sesungguhnya aku hambamu yang lemah,
Berilah aku hidayah, kekuatan dan lindungilah aku,
Agar aku dapat melawan musuh yang sentiasa berusaha menyesatkan aku.
Janganlah kau putus harapan dan berpaling dariku.
Aku akan lebih berusaha mendekatkan diri untukmu,
Terima kasih atas segala yang telah kau berikan kepadaku,
Terutama hidayahmu menyedarkanku atas kebesaranmu,
Terimalah taubatku yang sentiasa mengharapkan keredaanmu,
Permintaanku agar Engkau ampuni segala dosaku dan tempatkan ku di syurgamu yang hakiki.
Innasolati wanusuki wamahyaya wamamati lillahirabbil a'lamin.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Here are some general guidelines for living with lupus (from a book 'Coping With Lupus' by Robert H. Phillips):
- Be aware of how your body feels. How is it reactive to the things you are doing? Act accordingly.
- Understand what makes you tense, knowing what you can and cannot do to change or avoid the symptoms and problems associated with lupus.
- Pay attention to yourself, your goals and your needs.
- Elicit the help of the people around you. Use relationships as a buffer. Join together with others to tackle the cause of your stress.
- Use laughter and humor to reduce stress.
- Build on the talents and activities you can still enjoy.
- Concentrate on strengths and accomplishments rather than dwelling on negative thoughts.
- Follow a healthy diet.
- Get enough sleep. Allow time for rest and quiet and don't try to solve problems at night or when you're overtired.
- Exercise to reduce the effects of stress by bringing blood to the muscles and the brain and stimulating production of the chemicals that give you sense of a well-being.
- Have fun in life. Spend time on hobbies that you enjoy.
- Realizes that you need to do things for yourself and actively think of yourself separately from the symptoms of this disease.
- Think of yourself as a formidable person and not some tired, miserable, suffering person.
- Learn all you can about lupus and seek out appropriate professional help. It is important to recognize when to ask for help - medical, counseling, spiritual, whatever it takes.
- Work on enhancing you relationship with your partner-adapting to the symptoms and being able to experiment to find the best ways to enjoy intimacy.
- Relax to reduce your experience of pain.
- Have your mind, body, and spirit in the best shape possible, so you can conquer anything that comes along.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
I seek for another doctor from another private hospital. He said i shouldn't be tapered off the medication since i still new. He wanted me to see a kidney doctor but since it was holiday season (Hari Raya) the kidney doctor is still on leave. Hahaha........he wrote the letter to my physician requesting for my test result. My physician refused and said just stay here and i will refer u to a kidney doctor here.
Ok....so finally i met the right doctor that care for me. He care and would listen to everything i said. Probably because he seem to have very few patients. He gave me steroid, immunosuppressant and antimarial drug that work perfectly for me. The immunosuppressant he gave me name Cellcept was only a sample supply for two months. He said it will cost me RM1500 just for cellcept. It is my whole salary for a month. I said to myself that i need government money to help me hehehe. So i decided to be referred to government hospital and i'm now paying RM5 instead of RM300 every month including the medication. The only different is i have to wait for two weeks for blood and urine test result and then see doctor compare to private where i can see the doctor next day.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
My father sent me to Normah Hospital very near to my house 500m away. After checkup, my uric acid was high and i though it was gout. My oldest brother has gout. Maybe it run in the family. Rheumatoid came out negative. My wedding day is one more week left and i still dont feel well. I begin to have fever and weak. I complaint to the doctor and burst in tears probably because of stress and worried for the wedding day.
I was refer to a physician. He said i had an autoimmune disease. But dont know which type. So he did further tests on me. At home, i check on the internet one by one about autoimmune diseases. Until i found two diseases that might match to what i experience. One of it was SLE. Two days later finally they said it SLE.
Doc gave me 20mg prednisolone a day. Finally the next day the pain gone. Happily sat on dais with my husband and didnt complaint any pain.
Monday, March 9, 2009
# My real name is Siti Salina Sapawi. Inspired from a novel called 'Salina'. 'Siti' is to avoid confusion from my cousin who also has the name.
# My family and friends call me Nana.
# I live in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
# I have birthmark on the left side of my face. Anyway i've done laser to reduce it except around my eye.
# People always asking me about the birthmark whether someone had punch me and they will help to punch back the person. I had been given free burger, fries and salad by saying it is a birthmark. Maybe they feel pity and guilty. That was when im studying in Newcastle, Uk.
# Have 5 siblings +1 recently from my father's new daughter with my very young step mom. Who is same age as my oldest niece. Don't want to say how old. I was the youngest one but not anymore.
# Married with someone who live not far from my house on 08.08.08. Easy to remember. Coincidence. Many couple married on that day. Believe to have good feng shui (wealthy).
# Born in Islam. May Allah bless my family, friends, me and everyone who read this. Amin.
# Diagnosed with Lupus or SLE in July 2008. An autoimmune disease. Addicted to steroid. Can't live without it even for few hours.