Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My SLE

I know everyone has their own experience with chronic disease. We cant determine our future in health. It is in the hand of god who decide it. I was surprise that i had lupus in my twenties. It all started with a wrist pain. A week later, all the finger joints feel stiff until i need help from my sister to take off my own clothes in the morning. Then the toes, elbow and shoulder came along. I think every week i go to different clinic. The first reason was i need sick leave....hehehe..so that i can prepare things for my wedding. One month till my wedding day. Second was of course i'm afraid what was wrong with me. All the doctor said the same thing i might experience rheumatoid arthritis and need further checkup.
My father sent me to Normah Hospital very near to my house 500m away. After checkup, my uric acid was high and i though it was gout. My oldest brother has gout. Maybe it run in the family. Rheumatoid came out negative. My wedding day is one more week left and i still dont feel well. I begin to have fever and weak. I complaint to the doctor and burst in tears probably because of stress and worried for the wedding day.
I was refer to a physician. He said i had an autoimmune disease. But dont know which type. So he did further tests on me. At home, i check on the internet one by one about autoimmune diseases. Until i found two diseases that might match to what i experience. One of it was SLE. Two days later finally they said it SLE.
Doc gave me 20mg prednisolone a day. Finally the next day the pain gone. Happily sat on dais with my husband and didnt complaint any pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alhamdulillah. mesti seronok masa bersanding. Allah Maha Besar.

HannA