Saturday, November 28, 2009

Menu Plan Week 3 November 2009

This whole week i didn't cook. I had my period pain plus gastric pain on tuesday. Luckily my period pain gone the next day. But my gastric still there and i was on mc for three days and on friday i couldn't stand it anymore and ask for my Ranitidine injection to relieve my gastric pain. Few hours after that i began farting the whole time. Frequently i wakeup middle of the night and feel burning at my upper abdoman. To soothe it i ate crackers and drink warm water. Trigger to my gastric would probably durian and i only ate one piece. Now is durian season.

Furthermore, long term taking prednisolone (one of sle medication) will thinning the stomach wall and i'm a gastric sufferer too before i have sle. Meaning my stomach become more sensitive. Durian maybe magnify the impact.

However, on sunday, when the pain nearly gone, i manage to make pumpkin soup from half of a small pumpkin which i bought at Pasar Tani a few days before. The soup is better serve with french baguette. But i ate all of my baguette before i could think of making this soup :(.

Pumpkin Soup

Ingredient:
  • Pumpkin cut into medium/small size










  • Big onion (in my case i ran out of onion so i use shallot)
  • Vegetable soup granule (better use chicken or prawn stock )









  • Cream to get rich creamy taste (optional)










Method:

  1. Fry the onion with a spoon of oil. I use olive oil.
  2. Then fry the pumpkin for a while and put in enough water to cover the pumpkin. Cook the pumpkin till soft and let it cool down before putting into a blender. If you have hand blender is much easier as you do not need to transfer anything.
  3. Whisk the cream first from the can to make it lighter and put some into the soup just before you eat. It is a healthy supper or snack and if you are more consent on the fat in the cream, avoid it.

No comments: